Even if North Carolina doesn’t allow for discounted “happy hour” prices on alcohol, there are a few bars doing what they can to work around it, such as offering specials on food and all day drink specials. Here are 10 of our favorite spots to get discounted food.
1. Sea Level
A sea-to-city restaurant that offers special prices on their delicious Sea Level Salt oysters for only $1.50. No minimum, no limits, and dine in only. Pair it with a specialty wine from Europe, like their Vinho Verde from Portugal or Albariño from Spain.
2. Barcelona Wine Bar
Inspired by the culture of Spain, enjoy decadent wine and small plates at Barcelona Wine Bar. From their extensive wine bar which can be enjoyed in flights to small affordable plates like sea bass, hummus, calamari, and much more. Don’t forget to give their charcuterie boards a try that offer a unique variety of Spanish meats and cheeses which are known to be quite delicious.
3. Que Onda Tacos
Weekly specials abound here with every day of the week offering a day special:
- Tuesdays: $2 tacos and $3 drafts
- Wednesdays: $4 small nachos and $5 mojitos
- Thursdays: $3 off all fajitas $4 drafts and half off all wine bottles
- Fridays: $5 large margaritas
- Saturdays: Half off all tequila
- Sundays: $2 off entrees and $4 draft beers
4. The Wine Loft
Enjoy the daily specials at The Wine Loft offering a unique variety of food and drink at discounted prices
- Monday: 1/2 Priced Premium Liquor & $10 Doubles
- Tuesday: 1/2 Priced Bottles of Wine
- Wednesday: $25 Wine Flights with a cheese board
- Thursday: 1/2 Priced Martinis and craft cocktails
- Sunday: Signature Sundae with house-made ice creams
5. Angry Ale’s
Angry Ale’s got a variety of drink specials from a $4/$5/$6 “Beat The Clock” Happy Hour Menu daily from 4-7pm as well at $5 Tik Tac Shots and $6 Mule Fuels.
6. Dilworth Tasting Room
On Tuesdays, you can indulge in delicious charcuterie plates for free with any wine flight. A spectacular deal for those who want to try a little bit of everything.
7. Kid Cashew
Perfect as a lunch option, Kid Cashew’s got food and drink specials depending on the day. From 11am-3pm on weekdays, you can get a pick-two lunch special for $10.95. For more specific deals:
- $6 martinis on Mondays
- half-off wine bottles on Tuesdays
- half-off whiskey, bourbon and scotch on Wednesdays; $6 craft cocktails on Thursdays
- $3 Mimosas & $5 Bloody Marys on weekends.
8. JJ’s Red Hots
On Tuesdays after 3pm at the Dilworth location on weekdays, grab a craft beer and pair it with a signature or regular hot do from JJ’s for only $3.
9. Suffolk Punch
Since we aren’t technically allowed to have happy HOURS, why not enjoy drink specials all day? At Suffolk Punch, all day on Thursdays and Sundays, you can get $3 taps and on Tuesdays, half-off select bottles of wine and $8 craft drink every Wednesday.